10 January 2007

Boys are from Chelsea, Girls are from Kensington

We let ourselves sleep in on the 1st and didn't really plan much. Dad and Patrick wandered off to Chelsea to check out yet another football stadium (boys!). Mom and I spent the morning touring Kensington Palace. It was probably a good thing the boys didn't join us for that one though because it's a tour full of dresses, decorations and old empty rooms. We found it gloriously entertaining but it's not the first tourist choice for males :) The rest of the day we spent in Greenwich and good ol' New Cross doing some laundry so my family and I wouldn't stink! I don't have more pictures of New Cross cause...there's not much to see.


Chelsea! I forget if they're good or not. But they're in London and they're Blue!


The stadium and the store...more boy shopping!


The Orangery - used to hold fancy royal parties, now serves tea, cake and interesting (by interesting I mean weird and gross) British food to tourists.


Kensington Park and the Round pond (which is actually square with inverse rounded corners...who names these things??)


Swans at the round (don't get me started) pond :)


The front of the palace. The statue is if one of the queens (I forget which one...ooops) but I do remember it was sculpted by her daughter (love how my brain holds on to the useless but fun information...pshaw on people's names!)


Lookie what we found!! Nevada Street in Greenwich! See...I'm only about a 30 minute walk from home!

No comments: