09 July 2007

London Unplugged

Yesterday I went out to dinner with my friend Alison on the SouthBank near Tower Bridge. As we were leaving the restaurant we saw a couple of big guitars sitting out. Turns out...it was a huge art installation of 7 ft tall Gibson guitars that had all been painted by artists and signed by different musicians. I got camera happy so here they all are!!

Actually...before we get to the guitars...on our walk which is also part of my regular run, there is this rad looking head sculpture thing I'd always wanted to get a picture of, but...well..I don't run with my camera. So here that is first...


Here's the head...


The quote on the bottom of the head reads: "Though human genius in its various inventions with various instruments may answer the same end, it will never find an invention more beautiful or more simple or direct than nature, because in her inventions, nothing is lacking and nothing superfluous." - Leonardo Da Vinci


Picture of a building I run by that's right on the water and where my imaginary flat is.


Not the fanciest of the guitars...but you can see Tower Bridge so it's the most photogenic.


See...all lined up and they're HUGE!


Pretty abstract one


And the Crowd Goes Wild! (Aptly named)


He he...butt.


Pretty


Creepy


Beware the Fire Monkey


See...Gibsons!


This one plays itself


They call him the Guitar Man


Can you feel the love?


The Golden Oldie


Animal print is in


This one is signed by Ozzy Osborne...looks like him peeking over the skull.


Evidently the girl wears it well. I don't get it...but it's signed by Rod Stewart.

No comments: